Last year’s Netflix original Sex Education was a breath of fresh air in the young-adult genre. The show focuses on teenage sex and how teens in that awkward period have, well, awkward experiences.
In season 2, as a late bloomer, Otis must master his newly discovered sexual urges in order to progress with his girlfriend Ola whilst also dealing with his now strained relationship with Maeve. Meanwhile, Moordale Secondary is in the throes of a Chlamydia outbreak, highlighting the need for better sex education at the school and new kids come to town who will challenge the status quo.
Netflix has now revealed many new details about season 2, However, before you read them below, we’d like to advise a word of caution as they may give away certain spoilers from the show:
- Maeve and Aimee’s BFF relationship is stronger than ever since Aimee ditched ‘the Untouchables’.
- Eric notices his new-found self-confidence attracting unfamiliar kinds of attention.
- Adam is at military school, still conflicted by his feelings for Eric.
- Lily has hit pause on her sexual endeavors to focus on her creative talents and finds a newfound friend in Ola.
- Jackson is forced to flex his mental rather than physical muscle and is still buckling under the pressure from his parents to succeed.
- Jean and Jakob’s relationship is discovered and they have to learn how to operate as a blended family. Jean forms an unlikely connection with Mrs. Groff and friendship between the two women begins to form.
There’s no doubt that Netflix is very happy with the success of the first season, as it seems like this is a series that’ll benefit from a long-term investment.
Sex Education will return to Netflix with 8 brand new episodes in 2020. You can find more about season 2 here.